Thursday, September 22, 2011

The tourbillon complication in a mechanical watch

Personally, I love the tourbillon complication in a mechanical watch, especially ever given that I got a free-of-charge class on tourbillons by Bernhard Lederer (BLU) in the course of one of the BaselWorld shows. However, I firmly believe that the key purpose for using a tourbillon is usually to demonstrate the watchmaking abilities of makers. I rather see other complications that I uncover more interesting, for example a moon phase or minute repeater. This most likely also has to accomplish with the fact that we've observed a great number of of them. Specifically the final two - 3 years, we've been flooded with watches featuring a tourbillon. Even diver's watches came equipped with this complication.

One among my all-time preferred timepieces also happens to function a tourbillon. The Palace by Jean Dunand. Final year in BaselWorld, I produced confident I visited Jean Dunand (Thierry Oulevay) to have a peek at this mechanical wonder the moment far more. Nonetheless, my enthusiasm for this watch is mainly fed by the concept of this timepiece, the design as well as the level of craftsmanship and finish.

Anyway, tourbillons are a joy to have a look at and to admire, but do they resolve the problem with regards to gravity in wrist watches because it did for pocket watches?

Please keep the address reproduced:Breitling Wrist Watch

No comments:

Post a Comment